Tuesday, February 24

joyous

today was a good day. it was the first monday i've had off for around a month and it was truely a blessing. i went & bought some jewelry making stuff at Hobby Lobby and dinked around making jewelry almost for the whole entire day. i was so thankful for some time off, amist my silly-busy life.

& i realized how blessed i am. i am so absolutely blessed in every facet of my life. i have a truly wonderful (& crazed) family, great friends, two jobs, i can afford college, and i am able to provide for my needs. what a blessing. i have to remind myself everyday how blessed i am to have these things, because some people don't. i know. i know these people. i interact and love these people. and then i go home to my blessed life and have to fight my american-money-hungry-consumerist mind. I praise the Lord for blessing me with so much. So much Joy.

i have fallen in love with the City of Columbia in the past three and a half years. & I'm here to stay. Hello Columbia, you are my HOME. what a wonderful thing to be able to say. Columbia, it's great downtown district and the things and people i've grown to love. Kaldi's, everyone's favorite coffee shop. Main Squeeze, the best organic food & smoothie restaurant of anywhere. Maude, a mod thrift store ;). Sparky's! who doesn't love Sparky's icecream? MU, where I've slaved... okay been a student for the past 3 1/2 years. The locals and regulars I see everyday that are an integral part of my life, because without them I wouldn't have the great conversations or friends that I do. The homeless that sit outside on 9th St & give me a good laugh when I get off work. True.False film festival, yum. The Heritage Festival, sweet music & homemade goods. Oh Columbia, thanks for becoming my home. I have definitely been blessed by the Lord's call on my life to live here. Who would have thought? Not me.

friends, smile at someone today. go out of your way to make someone's heart happy today. we are among hard times. let's get through it together. we are not alone, Christ is with us. & so are you.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're making Columbia home....me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...
    hi.
    :)

    p.s. the t/f energy down here is insane!

    ReplyDelete